I love eating seaweed and what’s more than that, I love munching on crispy nori snacks. I buy nori in sheets and enjoy them as a midday bite. I also add nori to some of my foods. Nori can be added to soups and most any salad. More recently, I have been adding nori to my new ‘make at home’ Poke and Sushi Bowls. Easy to prepare, delicious, clean food and super nutritious.
The health benefits of eating seaweed are tremendous:
- one of the plant world’s richest sources of protein, vitamins and minerals.
- very high in dietary fiber
- helps stabilize cholesterol
- excellent for bone health
- has cancer fighting properties
- great source of digestible iron
- provides iodine for proper thyroid functioning
Add some seaweed to your diet, it is an easy way to amp up many of your nutritional needs without having to take supplements!