- Vegetarian someone who lives on a diet of grains, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits with, or without, the use of dairy products and eggs (vegsoc.org)
- Ovo lacto vegetarian a vegetarian that eats eggs and dairy
- Lacto vegetarian a vegetarian that eats dairy but not eggs
- Vegan the strictest of vegetarians that do not eat dairy products, eggs, or any other products which are derived from animals
If that is not enough, now you can choose to be a Pescatarian and include fish and shellfish in your diet. Continuing in this trend, there are the Flexitarians, those people that eat a mostly vegetarian diet, but occasionally eat meat, poultry, game or fish.
It follows that I must be a Carnivore, as I like to include all foods in my diet!!
There are many diet and food trends circulating the globe, from Paleo to Carb Free to Raw Food devotees!!
I respect all dietary lifestyles. Its a personal choice. However, the same rules apply!!
The important things to remember are:
- don’t eat too much
- eat a balanced and varied diet
- meet your nutritional needs
- eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables
- limit your intake of refined and processed foods
The goal is to live in balance!!